How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?

An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu. Acetaminophen is the most common form of analgesic. It helps relieve pain by changing the way the body recognizes pain or discomfort. Analgesics like acetaminophen, aspirin, and ibuprofen are also fever reducers.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...