How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?

An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu. Acetaminophen is the most common form of analgesic. It helps relieve pain by changing the way the body recognizes pain or discomfort. Analgesics like acetaminophen, aspirin, and ibuprofen are also fever reducers.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...