Acetaminophen-codeine is effective for treating some types of coughs. The codeine in the medicine acts on the brain's cough center primarily through action on mu-type opioid nervous system receptors. This action results in the inhibition of brain chemicals (neurotransmitters) that produce the cough response.
- Q Is acetaminophen-codeine safe for long-term use?
- Q Who should not take acetaminophen-codeine?
- Q What are the side effects of acetaminophen with codeine?
- Q What should I know about acetaminophen with codeine before taking it?
- Q What are the side effects of acetaminophen-codeine?
- Q What is acetaminophen-codeine?