Acetaminophen-codeine is effective for treating some types of coughs. The codeine in the medicine acts on the brain's cough center primarily through action on mu-type opioid nervous system receptors. This action results in the inhibition of brain chemicals (neurotransmitters) that produce the cough response.
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of acetaminophen-codeine?
- Q How does acetaminophen-codeine treat pain?
- Q How soon after taking acetaminophen-codeine will my symptoms improve?
- Q Are there any risks in taking acetaminophen-codeine?
- Q What should I know about acetaminophen-codeine before taking it?
- Q What are the side effects of acetaminophen with codeine?