Acetaminophen-codeine is effective for treating some types of coughs. The codeine in the medicine acts on the brain's cough center primarily through action on mu-type opioid nervous system receptors. This action results in the inhibition of brain chemicals (neurotransmitters) that produce the cough response.
- Q Are there any risks in taking acetaminophen-codeine?
- Q Who should take acetaminophen-codeine?
- Q Does acetaminophen-codeine cause liver damage?
- Q Is acetaminophen-codeine safe for long-term use?
- Q How does acetaminophen with codeine interact with other drugs or foods?
- Q What is acetaminophen with codeine?