How does pentazocine and naloxone interact with other medications and food?

Pentazocine and naloxone interacts with other medications, such as barbiturate anesthetics, cimetidine and sodium oxybate, by making side effects more severe. In addition, pentazocine and naloxone interacts with naltrexone by decreasing the drug's effectiveness. Methadone and narcotic pain medications may not be as effective if you take them with pentazocine and naloxone. Tell your doctor about all medications and supplements that you are taking before you begin taking pentazocine and naloxone.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...