How does pentazocine and acetaminophen interact with other drugs and food?

Pentazocine and acetaminophen contains acetaminophen, which is a common ingredient in many over-the-counter medications. Make sure you read labels so that you don't take other medicines containing acetaminophen when taking pentazocine and acetaminophen. If you are drinking alcohol or taking sedatives or other drugs that cause drowsiness, pentazocine and acetaminophen may increase this drowsiness. GHB (sodium oxybate) may increase the effects of pentazocine and acetaminophen. Anticoagulants, isoniazid, cimetidine, naltrexone and methadone may increase or decrease the effects of pentazocine and acetaminophen, and may increase the risk of health problems in certain cases. Tell your doctor about any medications, vitamins and herbs you are taking before you take pentazocine and acetaminophen. You can take pentazocine and acetaminophen with or without food.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...