Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?

If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always let your doctor know about any medication you are taking so that you avoid any interactions with other medications. Analgesics, in particular, can react adversely to a variety of different medical conditions, medications, and foods. Thus, it is important to discuss the proper dosage of analgesics and all of the possible complications that may accompany it.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...