Does Diurex PMS treat symptoms of menstruation?

Diurex PMS is an over-the-counter medication that can treat symptoms of menstruation such as bloating, water-weight gain, minor aches, and irritability. It is a combination of medications that include acetaminophen, pamabrom, and pyrilamine. Acetaminophen is a pain reliever and fever reducer that can decrease the severity of headache, muscle aches, backache, and cramps. Pamabrom is a diuretic, or water pill, that reduces bloating and water retention. Pyrilamine is an antihistamine that helps reduce allergy-like symptoms. Diurex PMS does not contain aspirin or caffeine.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...