Do I need to worry about dehydration after drinking alcohol?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. It makes you urinate more and thus has dehydrating effects. It does this by indirectly decreasing the production of the antidiuretic hormone (ADH), which is the hormone that allows water to be reabsorbed in the kidneys. Signs you may be dehydrated are dark urine, dry skin, dizziness, or constipation.

Compensate for the dehydrating effects of alcohol by always alternating a glass of water with each alcoholic beverage. Eat fruits and vegetables that are rich in water, such as watermelon, papaya, cucumber, and celery. Not only are they rich in water, but they also contain sodium and potassium, which are all needed to prevent dehydration.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...