Can Xodol be addictive?

The prescription pain medication Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) can be habit-forming. However, you're unlikely to become addicted if you take Xodol exactly as prescribed by your doctor to relieve pain. The Drug Enforcement Agency has classified Xodol as a Schedule III drug, meaning that it has some potential for abuse but is not as likely to be abused as drugs classified as Schedule I (such as LSD or heroin) or Schedule II (such as cocaine or oxycodone). If you find that Xodol is not relieving your pain as well as it once did, do not take an increased amount. Instead, call your doctor.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...