Can I use Vicodin if I am breastfeeding?

If you're breastfeeding, you should avoid taking the prescription pain medication Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). Although researchers don't know whether the opioid hydrocodone passes into breast milk, they say that the risk of serious harm to a nursing baby is too great. If you're nursing, talk to your doctor about a safer drug. If the two of you decide you need Vicodin, you should wean your baby.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...