Can I use Vicodin if I am breastfeeding?

If you're breastfeeding, you should avoid taking the prescription pain medication Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). Although researchers don't know whether the opioid hydrocodone passes into breast milk, they say that the risk of serious harm to a nursing baby is too great. If you're nursing, talk to your doctor about a safer drug. If the two of you decide you need Vicodin, you should wean your baby.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

what type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will i be given after surgery ?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
what should i avoid while taking analgesics ?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
can i take painkillers if i have asthma ?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
who should not take analgesics ?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...