Can I use Vicodin if I am breastfeeding?

If you're breastfeeding, you should avoid taking the prescription pain medication Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). Although researchers don't know whether the opioid hydrocodone passes into breast milk, they say that the risk of serious harm to a nursing baby is too great. If you're nursing, talk to your doctor about a safer drug. If the two of you decide you need Vicodin, you should wean your baby.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...