Can I use Zydone if I am taking isoniazid?

If you are taking isoniazid, a drug prescribed to treat or prevent tuberculosis, talk to your doctor before taking the prescription pain reliever Zydone (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). Research indicates that the combination of isoniazid and the acetaminophen in Zydone may raise your risk for serious liver damage. Be sure your doctor is aware that you take isoniazid. In fact, before you take Zydone, you should give your doctor and pharmacist a list of your other medicines and supplements.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...