Can I use Zydone if I am taking isoniazid?

If you are taking isoniazid, a drug prescribed to treat or prevent tuberculosis, talk to your doctor before taking the prescription pain reliever Zydone (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). Research indicates that the combination of isoniazid and the acetaminophen in Zydone may raise your risk for serious liver damage. Be sure your doctor is aware that you take isoniazid. In fact, before you take Zydone, you should give your doctor and pharmacist a list of your other medicines and supplements.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...