Can I use Zydone if I am taking isoniazid?

If you are taking isoniazid, a drug prescribed to treat or prevent tuberculosis, talk to your doctor before taking the prescription pain reliever Zydone (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). Research indicates that the combination of isoniazid and the acetaminophen in Zydone may raise your risk for serious liver damage. Be sure your doctor is aware that you take isoniazid. In fact, before you take Zydone, you should give your doctor and pharmacist a list of your other medicines and supplements.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...