Can I use Zydone if I am taking a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor?

If you are taking a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor -- a kind of antidepressant -- talk to your doctor before taking the prescription pain medication Zydone (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). MAO inhibitors and another category of antidepressant medications, tricyclic antidepressants, can interact with Zydone, possibly increasing the effects of the pain drug or of the antidepressants. Before you start taking Zydone, you should give your doctor and pharmacist a list of your other medicines (prescription and nonprescription) and dietary and herbal supplements. If your doctor does prescribe Zydone, do not take any new medication or supplement without talking to your doctor or pharmacist first.

Continue Learning about Analgesic