Can I use Zydone if I am taking ipratropium?

If you are taking ipratropium, talk to your doctor before taking the prescription pain medication Zydone (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). Ipratropium is used to treat certain lung problems, and people who have lung problems may be at increased risk of various serious side effects from Zydone. What's more, the drugs themselves may interact.

Ipratropium may worsen asthma or cause other breathing problems in some people. Zydone may cause shallow, slowed or irregular breathing, especially if you take too much of it. If you take both drugs, the combination may increase your risks of breathing problems.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...