Can I use Zydone if I have a history of kidney disease?

If you have a history of kidney disease, talk to your doctor before taking the prescription pain medication Zydone (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). You may be at increased risk for certain side effects from the drug. Your doctor may determine that Zydone is not safe for you. Alternatively, if you do take Zydone, he or she may want to monitor you closely, periodically testing your kidney function.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...