Can I use Zydone if I have a history of kidney disease?

If you have a history of kidney disease, talk to your doctor before taking the prescription pain medication Zydone (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). You may be at increased risk for certain side effects from the drug. Your doctor may determine that Zydone is not safe for you. Alternatively, if you do take Zydone, he or she may want to monitor you closely, periodically testing your kidney function.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...