Can I use Zydone if I have a history of Addison's disease?

If you have Addison's disease, talk to your doctor before taking Zydone (hydrocodone and acetaminophen), a drug prescribed to relieve moderate to moderately severe pain. In Addison's disease, the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormones they make. People who have this problem may be at increased risk for side effects from Zydone.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...