Can I use Xodol if I have a history of urinary problems?

If you have a history of urinary problems, talk to your doctor before taking Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen), a drug prescribed to relieve pain. Men who have urinary problems due to an enlarged prostate gland and people who have trouble urinating because of narrowing of the urethra may be at increased risk of certain side effects from taking Xodol. For instance, doctors know that opioid medications such as hydrocodone may cause spasms in the muscles of the urethra. Xodol may also affect your ability to urinate completely.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...