Can I use Xodol if I have a history of urinary problems?

If you have a history of urinary problems, talk to your doctor before taking Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen), a drug prescribed to relieve pain. Men who have urinary problems due to an enlarged prostate gland and people who have trouble urinating because of narrowing of the urethra may be at increased risk of certain side effects from taking Xodol. For instance, doctors know that opioid medications such as hydrocodone may cause spasms in the muscles of the urethra. Xodol may also affect your ability to urinate completely.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...