Can I use Xodol if I am taking a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor?

If you are taking a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor, talk to your doctor before taking the prescription pain medication Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). Antidepressants in the MAO inhibitor category, along with another type of antidepressant medications called tricyclic antidepressants, can interact with Xodol. That can make the pain drug more potent or increase the effects of the antidepressant.

Before you start Xodol, give your doctor and pharmacist a list of all your other medicines (prescription and nonprescription) and dietary and herbal supplements. Once you're on Xodol, do not take any other medicine, including any type of antidepressant, without checking with your doctor or pharmacist first.

Continue Learning about Analgesic