Can I use Xodol if I am taking isoniazid?

If you are taking isoniazid, a drug prescribed to treat or prevent tuberculosis, talk to your doctor before taking the prescription pain medication Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). There is some evidence that the combination of isoniazid and acetaminophen may raise your risk for serious liver damage. Before you take Xodol, give your doctor and pharmacist a list of all your other medicines.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

how do analgesics interact with other medications ?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
what type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will i be given after surgery ?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
what are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain ?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
what are analgesics ?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...