Can I use Xodol if I am taking ipratropium?

If you are taking ipratropium, talk to your doctor before taking Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen), a drug prescribed to relieve pain. Ipratropium is used to treat certain lung problems, and people who have lung problems may be at increased risk of various serious side effects from Xodol. What's more, the drugs themselves may interact.

Ipratropium may worsen asthma or cause other breathing problems in some people. Xodol may cause shallow, slowed or irregular breathing. If you take both drugs, the combination may increase your risks of breathing problems.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...