Can I use Xodol if I have a history of prostate problems?

If you have a history of prostate problems, talk to your doctor before taking the prescription pain medication Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). Men who have enlarged prostate glands may be at increased risk for certain side effects from this drug.

Before taking Xodol, give your doctor a detailed medical history, including past and current health problems. Be sure to mention any problems urinating, such as trouble emptying your bladder completely, inability to urinate when you need to, a weak urine stream, slowed or delayed start of the urine stream or needing to urinate two or more times per night. These symptoms, which may indicate an enlarged prostate gland, may become worse if you take Xodol.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...