Can I use Xodol if I have a history of liver disease?

If you have a history of liver disease, talk to your doctor before taking the prescription pain medication Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). You may be at increased risk for liver damage from taking Xodol.

If you do take Xodol, your doctor may want to monitor you especially closely and periodically test your liver function. You should be sure not to take any other drugs that contain acetaminophen, because high levels of acetaminophen raise your risk for liver damage. Do not drink alcohol, because the combination may increase your risk of liver damage and other problems.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...