Can I use Xodol if I have a history of liver disease?

If you have a history of liver disease, talk to your doctor before taking the prescription pain medication Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). You may be at increased risk for liver damage from taking Xodol.

If you do take Xodol, your doctor may want to monitor you especially closely and periodically test your liver function. You should be sure not to take any other drugs that contain acetaminophen, because high levels of acetaminophen raise your risk for liver damage. Do not drink alcohol, because the combination may increase your risk of liver damage and other problems.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...