Can I use Xodol if I have a history of Addison's disease?

If you have Addison's disease, talk to your doctor before taking the prescription pain medication Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). In Addison's disease, the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormones they make; people who have this problem may be at increased risk for side effects from Xodol.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...