Can I use Xodol if I have a history of Addison's disease?

If you have Addison's disease, talk to your doctor before taking the prescription pain medication Xodol (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). In Addison's disease, the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormones they make; people who have this problem may be at increased risk for side effects from Xodol.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

should i let my doctor know i am taking analgesics ?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
what are analgesics ?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
what are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain ?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
how effective is capsaicin ?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...