Can I use Vicodin if I have a history of urinary problems?

Like other pain medications that contain a narcotic, Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) can increase difficulties urinating if you already have this problem due to an enlarged prostate or constricted urethra. Alert your doctor to your condition so he or she can determine whether you can safely take Vicodin and what your dose should be.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...