Can I use Vicodin if I am taking phenelzine?

Taking the antidepressant and antianxiety medication phenelzine (Nardil) along with the prescription pain medication Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) may increase the potency of either drug. Alert your doctor to the fact that you take phenelzine before you begin using Vicodin.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...