Can I use Vicodin if I am taking phenelzine?

Taking the antidepressant and antianxiety medication phenelzine (Nardil) along with the prescription pain medication Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) may increase the potency of either drug. Alert your doctor to the fact that you take phenelzine before you begin using Vicodin.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...