Can I use Vicodin if I am taking isoniazid?

If you're taking isoniazid (Tubizid), most commonly used to treat or prevent tuberculosis, your doctor will be cautious about giving you the prescription pain medication Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen). Research suggests that taking isoniazid in combination with acetaminophen may raise your risk of liver damage. Before starting Vicodin, let your doctor know you're taking isoniazid.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...