Can I use Vicodin if I am taking isocarboxazid?

Taking the antidepressant and antianxiety medication isocarboxazid (Marplan) along with the prescription pain medication Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) may increase the potency of either drug. Alert your doctor to the fact that you take isocarboxazid before you begin using Vicodin.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...