Can I use Vicodin if I have a history of lung disease?

You may be able to take the prescription pain medication Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) if you have lung disease, but you should be extra cautious. Like all medications that contain a narcotic, Vicodin can interfere with breathing in people who already have respiratory difficulties. Make sure your doctor knows you have a lung condition (such as COPD or asthma) before you start taking Vicodin. He or she may change your dose or give you a different pain medication.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...