Can I use Vicodin if I have a history of lung disease?

You may be able to take the prescription pain medication Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) if you have lung disease, but you should be extra cautious. Like all medications that contain a narcotic, Vicodin can interfere with breathing in people who already have respiratory difficulties. Make sure your doctor knows you have a lung condition (such as COPD or asthma) before you start taking Vicodin. He or she may change your dose or give you a different pain medication.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...