Can I use Vicodin if I have a history of kidney disease?

If you have kidney disease, you should be extra cautious about using the prescription pain medication Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) because the condition puts you at risk for a toxic reaction. Be sure that any doctor who prescribes Vicodin to you knows about your kidney disease and that you're carefully monitored while taking it.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...