Can I use Vicodin if I have a history of kidney disease?

If you have kidney disease, you should be extra cautious about using the prescription pain medication Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) because the condition puts you at risk for a toxic reaction. Be sure that any doctor who prescribes Vicodin to you knows about your kidney disease and that you're carefully monitored while taking it.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...