Can I use Ultracet if I'm taking an antidepressant?

If you're using an antidepressant, talk to your doctor about whether it's safe for you to take the prescription pain medication Ultracet (tramadol and acetaminophen). Combining Ultracet with an antidepressant can raise your risk of serious side effects, including seizures and a potentially life-threatening condition known as serotonin syndrome. If your doctor does prescribe Ultracet, he or she may adjust the dosages of either or both of the medications and monitor you closely.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...