Can I use Ultracet if I'm taking an antidepressant?

If you're using an antidepressant, talk to your doctor about whether it's safe for you to take the prescription pain medication Ultracet (tramadol and acetaminophen). Combining Ultracet with an antidepressant can raise your risk of serious side effects, including seizures and a potentially life-threatening condition known as serotonin syndrome. If your doctor does prescribe Ultracet, he or she may adjust the dosages of either or both of the medications and monitor you closely.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...