Can I use Tylox if I am taking naloxone?

If you are taking naloxone, a drug used to reverse an opioid overdose, you should not take Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone). Tylox, which is prescribed to treat moderate to moderately severe pain, contains oxycodone, an opioid (narcotic) pain reliever. Combining Tylox with naloxone can block the pain-relieving effects of oxycodone. In addition, because Tylox and naloxone have opposing effects, taking them together can cause withdrawal symptoms.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...