Can I use Tylox if I am taking naloxone?

If you are taking naloxone, a drug used to reverse an opioid overdose, you should not take Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone). Tylox, which is prescribed to treat moderate to moderately severe pain, contains oxycodone, an opioid (narcotic) pain reliever. Combining Tylox with naloxone can block the pain-relieving effects of oxycodone. In addition, because Tylox and naloxone have opposing effects, taking them together can cause withdrawal symptoms.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...