Can I use Tylox if I am taking nalmefene?

If you are taking nalmefene a drug used to reverse an opioid overdose, you should not take Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone). Tylox, which is prescribed to treat moderate to moderately severe pain, contains oxycodone, an opioid (narcotic) pain reliever. Combining Tylox with nalmefene can block the pain-relieving effects of oxycodone. In addition, because Tylox and nalmefene have opposing effects, taking them together can cause withdrawal symptoms.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...