Can I use Tylox if I am taking miconazole?

If you're taking miconazole (Aloe Vesta, Baza and others), your doctor may be cautious about prescribing Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone) for you. Miconazole is used to treat fungal infections such as jock itch, athlete's foot and vaginal yeast infections. Tylox is a pain relief medication that contains oxycodone, an opioid (narcotic) pain reliever. Taking Tylox with miconazole can increase blood levels of oxycodone, raising the risk for breathing problems that could be fatal. If you take Tylox while on miconazole, your doctor will want to monitor you closely and adjust your dosage if necessary.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...