Can I use Tylox if I am taking isoniazid?

If you are taking isoniazid (Tubizid) for the treatment of tuberculosis, you should not take Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone). The two drugs together can cause you to accumulate large amounts of oxycodone, an opioid (narcotic) that's one of the two active ingredients in Tylox, in your body, raising the risk of breathing problems. Isoniazid can also interact with the other active ingredient in Tylox, acetaminophen, to put you at risk for liver problems. Tylox is prescribed to treat moderate to moderately severe pain on an as-needed basis.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...