Can I use Tylox if I am taking isoniazid?

If you are taking isoniazid (Tubizid) for the treatment of tuberculosis, you should not take Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone). The two drugs together can cause you to accumulate large amounts of oxycodone, an opioid (narcotic) that's one of the two active ingredients in Tylox, in your body, raising the risk of breathing problems. Isoniazid can also interact with the other active ingredient in Tylox, acetaminophen, to put you at risk for liver problems. Tylox is prescribed to treat moderate to moderately severe pain on an as-needed basis.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...