Can I use Tylox if I am taking isocarboxazid?

You should not take Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone) if you also take isocarboxazid (Marplan) or if you've taken it within the past two weeks. Isocarboxazid is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) that's used primarily to treat depression; Tylox is a pain relief medication that's taken on an as-needed basis to relieve moderate to moderately severe pain. Because of the oxycodone in Tylox, which is an opioid (narcotic), taken together, Tylox and an MAOI can interact to cause slow or shallow breathing, low blood pressure, seizures and even coma, among other serious side effects, as well as put you at risk for serotonin syndrome, a life-threatening condition that can result when there's too much of the brain chemical serotonin in the body.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...