Can I use Tylox if I am taking amiodarone?

If you're taking amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone), a drug used to treat heart arrhythmias, your doctor may be cautious about prescribing Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone) for you. This drug, which is used to relieve moderate to moderately severe pain on an as-needed basis, contains oxycodone, an opioid (narcotic) pain reliever. Amiodarone can increase blood levels of oxycodone, which in turn can put you at risk for breathing problems that could be fatal. If you take Tylox while on amiodarone, your doctor will want to monitor you closely and adjust your dosage if necessary.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...