Can I use Tylox if I have a history of seizures?

If you have a history of seizures, your doctor may be cautious about prescribing Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone) for you. This drug, which is used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain on an as-needed basis, contains oxycodone, an opioid (narcotic) that can trigger seizures. In addition, certain medications used to treat seizures, such as carbamazepine (Tegretol), phenobarbital and phenytoin (Dilantin), can interact with oxycodone as well as with acetaminophen, the other drug in Tylox.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...