Can I use Tylox if I am breastfeeding?

If you are breastfeeding, your doctor will be cautious about prescribing Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone) for you. This drug, which is used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain on an as-needed basis, contains oxycodone, an opioid (narcotic) pain reliever that passes into breast milk. If you do take Tylox and you're breastfeeding, you should take it for only a short time; your doctor will need to monitor your baby closely.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...