Can I use Percodan if I'm taking phenytoin?

If you are taking phenytoin (Dilantin) to control seizures, ask your doctor if you can use Percodan, a strong pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. Phenytoin may reduce the effectiveness of Percodan, so your doctor may decide that a different pain medication is a better choice.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...