Can I use Percodan if I'm taking phenytoin?

If you are taking phenytoin (Dilantin) to control seizures, ask your doctor if you can use Percodan, a strong pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. Phenytoin may reduce the effectiveness of Percodan, so your doctor may decide that a different pain medication is a better choice.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...