Can I use Percodan if I'm taking an NSAID?

If you are taking a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), ask your doctor if you can use Percodan, a prescription pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. The aspirin in Percodan is also an NSAID, and taking an excess of drugs in this category can be dangerous. If your doctor prescribes Percodan, he may decide to adjust your dosages, monitor you closely or both.

Before you start taking Percodan, give your doctor a complete list of all your prescription and over-the-counter medications as well as any supplements and vitamins that you take.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...