Can I use Percodan if I'm taking an NSAID?

If you are taking a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), ask your doctor if you can use Percodan, a prescription pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. The aspirin in Percodan is also an NSAID, and taking an excess of drugs in this category can be dangerous. If your doctor prescribes Percodan, he may decide to adjust your dosages, monitor you closely or both.

Before you start taking Percodan, give your doctor a complete list of all your prescription and over-the-counter medications as well as any supplements and vitamins that you take.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...