Can I use Percodan if I'm taking an NSAID?

If you are taking a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), ask your doctor if you can use Percodan, a prescription pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. The aspirin in Percodan is also an NSAID, and taking an excess of drugs in this category can be dangerous. If your doctor prescribes Percodan, he may decide to adjust your dosages, monitor you closely or both.

Before you start taking Percodan, give your doctor a complete list of all your prescription and over-the-counter medications as well as any supplements and vitamins that you take.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...