Can I use Percodan if I'm taking naloxone?

If you are taking naloxone, your doctor is unlikely to also prescribe Percodan. Naloxone is used for a few different purposes: It is given in cases of opioid overdose or combined in tablets with other drugs to treat pain or to help people overcome a drug addiction. Percodan is a prescription pain medication that combines oxycodone (an opioid drug) and aspirin. In tablet form, naloxone is either combined with pentazocine for pain relief, which could cause an overdose if combined with Percodan, or buprenorphine, which can interfere with the effect of oxycodone.

Because these combinations are either risky or potentially ineffective, your doctor is unlikely to prescribe them.

Continue Learning about Analgesic