Can I use Percodan if I'm taking methotrexate?

If you are taking methotrexate, a powerful drug used to treat severe psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis and certain types of cancer, ask your doctor if you can take Percodan, a prescription pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. The aspirin in Percodan may increase the dangerous side effects of methotrexate. Your doctor may prescribe an aspirin-free pain medication instead.

Before you start taking Percodan, give your doctor a complete list of all your prescription and over-the-counter medications, as well as any supplements and vitamins that you take.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...