Can I use Percodan if I'm taking methotrexate?

If you are taking methotrexate, a powerful drug used to treat severe psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis and certain types of cancer, ask your doctor if you can take Percodan, a prescription pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. The aspirin in Percodan may increase the dangerous side effects of methotrexate. Your doctor may prescribe an aspirin-free pain medication instead.

Before you start taking Percodan, give your doctor a complete list of all your prescription and over-the-counter medications, as well as any supplements and vitamins that you take.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...