Can I use Percodan if I'm taking ibuprofen?

If you are taking ibuprofen, ask your doctor if you can use Percodan, a prescription pain reliever that is a combination of oxycodone and aspirin. Ibuprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID); the aspirin in Percodan is also an NSAID, and taking an excess of drugs in this category can be dangerous.

Before you start taking Percodan, give your doctor a complete list of all your prescription and over-the-counter medications as well as any supplements and vitamins you take.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...