Can I use Magnacet if I am taking tranylcypromine?

Experts recommend against using the prescription pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) if you take tranylcypromine (Parnate) or have taken it in the past 14 days. Tranylcypromine belongs to a group of drugs called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), which can increase the potency of narcotic pain medications like Magnacet. The result can be overdose symptoms, including serious breathing problems, low blood pressure, seizures, coma and death. Before starting Magnacet, let your doctor know if you use tranylcypromine, or if you've used it in the past.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...