Can I use Magnacet if I am taking tranylcypromine?

Experts recommend against using the prescription pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) if you take tranylcypromine (Parnate) or have taken it in the past 14 days. Tranylcypromine belongs to a group of drugs called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), which can increase the potency of narcotic pain medications like Magnacet. The result can be overdose symptoms, including serious breathing problems, low blood pressure, seizures, coma and death. Before starting Magnacet, let your doctor know if you use tranylcypromine, or if you've used it in the past.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

what should i avoid while taking analgesics ?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
what are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain ?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
how do analgesics relieve foot pain ?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
can i take painkillers if i have asthma ?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...