Can I use Magnacet if I am taking probenecid?

You can use the prescription pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) if you're taking probenecid (most commonly prescribed to prevent gout). But you should let your doctor know if you're taking both drugs, because probenecid may slightly increase the effect of acetaminophen. This information could possibly affect the dose he or she prescribes.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...