Can I use Magnacet if I am taking a phenothiazine?

Your doctor will be cautious when prescribing the pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) if you're taking a phenothiazine, such as certain antipsychotic and antihistamine medications. Because both phenothiazines and Magnacet suppress the central nervous system, in combination they can increase the risk for serious side effects such as breathing problems, low blood pressure and coma. If you need to take both of these drugs, your doctor may reduce their doses and monitor you closely for side effects.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

who should not take analgesics ?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
what should i avoid while taking analgesics ?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
what are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain ?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
how can analgesics relieve flu symptoms ?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...