Can I use Magnacet if I am taking a phenothiazine?

Your doctor will be cautious when prescribing the pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) if you're taking a phenothiazine, such as certain antipsychotic and antihistamine medications. Because both phenothiazines and Magnacet suppress the central nervous system, in combination they can increase the risk for serious side effects such as breathing problems, low blood pressure and coma. If you need to take both of these drugs, your doctor may reduce their doses and monitor you closely for side effects.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...