Can I use Magnacet if I am taking lamotrigine?

The prescription pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) may reduce the effectiveness of lamotrigine (Lamictal), a drug used to treat convulsions, bipolar disorder and depression. Let your doctor know if you're taking both drugs so he or she can make sure you're taking the appropriate dosages.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...