Can I use Magnacet if I am taking buprenorphine?

In most cases, people shouldn't use the prescription pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) if they're taking buprenorphine (Subutex, Suboxone), which is used to treat addiction to opioid drugs such as heroin and narcotic painkillers. Because Magnacet itself contains an opioid, it may be less effective or not work at all if you're also using buprenorphine. Also, if you've been taking Magnacet for a long time and then begin using buprenorphine, you may experience withdrawal symptoms from Magnacet.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...