Can I use Magnacet if I have a history of kidney disease?

Your doctor will be very careful about prescribing the pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) if you have a history of kidney disease. If your kidneys are damaged, they may not process Magnacet in a normal way, which could lead to dangerous side effects. Your doctor may monitor you closely and adjust the dose, timing or regimen of Magnacet. Discuss your kidney condition with your doctor before you take Magnacet.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...