Can I use Magnacet if I am breastfeeding?

Experts say that, in general, women shouldn't use the prescription pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) if they're breastfeeding. Magnacet passes into breast milk, and it may make your baby drowsy and also interfere with breathing. Let your doctor know you're nursing before you take Magnacet.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...