Can I use Demerol if I am taking tranquilizers?

Taking Demerol (meperidine) with tranquilizers can increase the likelihood of certain side effects such as shallow breathing, low blood pressure and sleepiness that could lead to unconsciousness. Demerol is a narcotic medication that's used to treat moderate to severe pain for a limited period of time.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

how can analgesics relieve cold symptoms ?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
what are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain ?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
what should i avoid while taking analgesics ?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
how do analgesics interact with other medications ?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...