Can I use Demerol if I am taking medications for seizures?

Talk to your doctor before taking the prescription pain medication Demerol (meperidine) with the antiseizure drug phenytoin. This medication may decrease the level of meperidine, the active ingredient in Demerol, in your body but increase the level of its byproduct, normeperidine. This can put your at risk for confusion, excitability, seizures and other complications.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...